The Pros and Cons of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting (AKA high pressure water jetting) from Aquapower Industrial Services is a fast and reliable way to clear stubborn drain clogs and obstructions. However, it is not without its drawbacks. Let’s explore the pros and cons of high pressure water jet cleaning for drain lines.
What is Hydro-Jetting?
Before we dive into the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting, we should probably explain exactly what it is. High pressure water jetting (hydro-jetting) is a method of cleaning drain and sewer lines of stubborn clogs and obstructions using highly-pressurised water. Both tools use pressurised streams of water to clean messes. However, hydro-jetting uses water that is under much, much higher pressures. Since water practically doesn’t compress under pressure in atmosphere (it actually will, but not at pressures used by hydro-jetting machines), the increased pressure used by hydro-jetting machines directly translates into much more cleaning power.
The Pros of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting comes with several benefits.
Some of the pros of hydro-jetting include:
- Clears stubborn clogs with just water
- Cuts through tree roots that have invaded your sewer line
- Hydro-jetting is environmentally sound
- Clear the entire line rather than just a small section
The Cons of Hydro-Jetting
However, just because hydro-jetting is a beneficial service, that doesn’t mean that it is completely without fault.
Some of the cons of high pressure water jetting include:
- Weaker pipelines may not be suitable for high pressure
- Serious damage like a bellied line cannot be fixed by hydro-jetting
- Hydro-jetting can be less effective at removing major drain obstructions than a rooter or auger